By sharing my own dreams and by talking about the dreams of others, this blog hopes to inspire you, the readers, to believe in your dream, big or small, a dream house, car, job, travel, business, charity, product, even the impossible dream.


Follow your dream!


16.3.09

Did I dream of Venice?

I was trying to research for an interpretation of my dream in my sleep last weekend (Friday or Saturday), which was one of the weirdest since I started blogging. There were just two scenes in my dream.

The first scene was on a sidewalk that looked like the one beside the building of the last company where I was employed (the one with a Cafe in front of the building). On the road beside that sidewalk was a "flood". I can see just that part of the sidewalk so I can't tell the extent of the flood, it was just that the water looked "whitish" or "soapy without suds". What was weird was that there were tables and chairs on the sidewalk and people were eating there joyfully, one of them was my female officemate a long time ago.

Another scene was another flooded part of the road, I was looking from afar on the same road where there was no flood maybe because it was higher. I can see that the water was clear because I can even see the stones under the water. I was thinking maybe we can swim there but I was not serious because it was a road.

I've read a book about the meaning of dreams and this was what I've read:
=> Flood means there is or there will be overflowing of emotions. But as I've said, there were only portions with flood in my dream.
=> The road is the highway of life.
=> Water can have different meanings, depending if it is dirty, clear or whatever.
=> Stones mean stability, so that would be a good meaning since I saw them on the road, which is the highway of life, but I wonder what the clear water meant. It could be good also, I suppose. Can anybody help me to interpret that scene?

I was left with the interpretation of that sidewalk with the tables until I remembered our travel in Preveza, Greece, where there were restaurants with tables outside, just beside the port area. I researched for photos hoping to find a view similar to my dream to show it here it my blog so people can help me interpret my dream. It was awesome to find a very similar water (whitish or soapy) that I saw in my dream, though my dream was a much closer view of the water and sidewalk with tables and people, no boats or other objects. The photo shows the Grand Canal in Venice, Italy.

Seja o primeiro a comentar