By sharing my own dreams and by talking about the dreams of others, this blog hopes to inspire you, the readers, to believe in your dream, big or small, a dream house, car, job, travel, business, charity, product, even the impossible dream.


Follow your dream!


28.10.08

So many dream jobs

At my age of 55, I just can't stop dreaming of the right dream job! That was probably one of the reasons why I insisted on changing my first blog's title to "I Don't Want To Retire!" from the original "My Retirement". I have conflicting dreams though, and I wonder how I can combine all of them or organize them as steps to fulfill the biggest dream.

I just mentioned in a previous post that I have a new dream, which is to learn the body's acupoints and I'm currently learning. But when I sometimes think of the current need for a regular income, other dreams come in, like I still dream of going back to an IT job where I have gained so much confidence after years of experience. Maybe I can still work as a processor of SAP-HR since I haven't taken the full course thus can't be a consultant. Or I can be a web designer if only I have the time and money to study.

There were also several times in my sleep where I was a student and was late for my next class or forgot I had a class. I mentioned in another post that maybe I should finish my Interior Design course so those kind of dreams will stop. That should make me an Interior Designer, but that will be an entirely new career.

So many dream jobs, but too little time. That's really the problem. There's some logic if I can complete all three. Maybe I can put up a Wellness Center later where I can apply all my learnings about modern acupuncture, and where I can design the interiors myself. I can then advertise it through a website I'll also design myself. It's hard to believe I can do all that. Of course there are other people who can do the interiors as well as the website! I just have to renew my friendships with my Interior Design classmates, and I think I have a new friend who is a web designer. He just offered his services for free, I just hope his offer won't expire.

3 Comentários:

Blackdove said...

"...in my sleep where I was a student and was late for my next class or forgot I had a class."

That is very interesting. Also funny coz I have this recurring dream where I'm a graduating student. And then I'm surprised by the dean or registrar that I still have an odd back subject (yup, it's always only ONE) that I failed or forgot to attend or complete. Because of that, I cannot graduate. The trouble is, it isn't clear what that subject was!

How about your IT peers, were they all lucky to land another IT job?

Our Food Recipes said...

Hi...you have a nice blog. Just added and faved you. Hope you can join Our Food Recipes. Thank you

Maria Luisa Taa Venida said...

What I know about dreams is it is sometimes the outlet of a person's subconscious mind. And what I know about La Salle is the students have to cram all the time. PSID is also a trimestral school so we were usually advised to enroll only in a few subjects at a time. Attending two subjects per sem for me, was like attending seminars so tuition fees paid were worth those 2 subjects. It can be a different scenario if I enrolled in more than 2 subjects per sem. You might have longed for the first scenario as far as your subjects are concerned, but I'm not sure Blackdove, if I'm talking sense. The younger generations are more exposed to stresses so they are even used to cramming. That means that my analysis of your dream is wrong, haha.

One very good example of the younger generation can be the author of Our Food Recipes, Hadrian. Have you seen his blogs? He has one blog per food category, so I think he has more than 50 blogs! Well Hadrian, congratulations, and your blogcatalog list of blogs will be one of my recipe indexes, from now on.

By the way Blackdove , if you’ve met Dr. Noy of OnSemi and still seeing him, please extend our regards and advanced Merry Christmas to him (from Malui and Lauren Venida).

Thank you Blackdove and Hadrian for your comments!