By sharing my own dreams and by talking about the dreams of others, this blog hopes to inspire you, the readers, to believe in your dream, big or small, a dream house, car, job, travel, business, charity, product, even the impossible dream.


Follow your dream!


9.11.08

Bloggers Unite for refugees

I’ve been busy with a task for a family event the last two days, I forgot to finalize and publish my Bloggers Unite entry about refugees. As with the other topics I’ve participated in under Bloggers Unite, I’m not a resource person as far as the topic is concerned, but I’ve gone to a refugee center in Athens, Greece, in 2005, when I was there with my daughter and the members of the University of Asia and the Pacific Chorale. The number of the refugees we’ve seen was overwhelming. They could come from Iran, Iraq, Kurdistan, Afghanistan as well as from parts of Africa and other nations

Before the chorale offered a few songs for the refugees, there seemed to be an informal evangelism class, and I was able to shoot a photo as shown. Based on the pamphlets displayed at the center, I would say that one of the center’s focal activity for the refugees was evangelism. I found the website that tells more about this center and I hope through this post, people will visit the Athens Refugee Center website and see how they can help. Visiting a refugee center was a worthwhile experience, because now I know that a refugee center's programs can also help the refugees continue to dream big.

Seja o primeiro a comentar