By sharing my own dreams and by talking about the dreams of others, this blog hopes to inspire you, the readers, to believe in your dream, big or small, a dream house, car, job, travel, business, charity, product, even the impossible dream.


Follow your dream!


7.8.08

To be an inspirational leader



One of the most recent dreams in my mind and is therefore not yet on my list, is to be an inspirational leader. There is a book that tells me how to fulfill such dream and this is "The Heart of a Leader". I enjoy reading this book because each chapter is short and is started with a quote. There is a quote that confused me not only once or twice. It says:

"People of humility don't think less of themselves, they just think of themselves less."

Every time I read the part that interprets this quote, I'd feel a strong desire to impart it to people but never had the chance, until today. This is the part I'm talking about:

A great rule for doing business today is: Think more about your people, and they will think more of themselves. And don't act like you are perfect. Leaders need to come from behind their curtains of infallibility, power, and control, and let their "very good" side -their humanity- be revealed. Folks like to be around a person who is willing to admit his or her vulnerability, asks for ideas, and can let others be in the spotlight.

I guess the quote and interpretation is a good guide to be the kind of leader I and many others dream to be.

Seja o primeiro a comentar