By sharing my own dreams and by talking about the dreams of others, this blog hopes to inspire you, the readers, to believe in your dream, big or small, a dream house, car, job, travel, business, charity, product, even the impossible dream.


Follow your dream!


13.8.08

A leader sees everything as opportunities


Yesterday, I've attended one of the best leadership trainings I have attended so far. One of the speakers is a missionary, and there was one statement about leaders and his lecture about it stuck in my mind because it was the first time I've heard it. Since I know that there are many others like me dreaming to be an inspirational leader, I might as well share this, in addition to what I've shared in my last post.

The statement was "a leader sees everything as opportunities".

His lecture about it surprised me because he said "everything" includes anything, including problems. Looking at myself now in a problematic state because of financial distress, I could see his point. Because of our financial situation, I am now confronted with a lot of opportunities, and these include the following:

1. To value each cent that I have.
2. To eat just the right amount of food.
3. To travel by car only if absolutely necessary.
4. To be more humble.
5. To be happy even with the smallest things or help that I receive.

The list goes on. No wonder why even the homeless are happy with what they are doing. But of course, we should not stop at just being happy because of those opportunities. Opportunities are there for us to change continuously for the better. Not just to be helped, but also to help. Not just to be loved but also to love... the list goes on again.

Seja o primeiro a comentar