By sharing my own dreams and by talking about the dreams of others, this blog hopes to inspire you, the readers, to believe in your dream, big or small, a dream house, car, job, travel, business, charity, product, even the impossible dream.


Follow your dream!


14.9.08

Fulfilled dreams in Pinoy Dream Academy Season 2

Finally, the Pinoy Dream Academy Season 2 contest is over. I was right that Laarni will be the "Grand Star Dreamer", but before I tell you why, let me tell you first about my observations for the top four scholars of the season:

Liezel: Her extraordinary talent was evident from the start. She could easily emerge as the winner.

Miguel: During the first gala nights, his flats irritated me, though it was nice to know that he is really a musician because he plays musical instruments as well. The first time he sang a fast song, I must admit I was impressed, but I was thinking that maybe faster or pop songs will fit him better. But from then on, whatever he sang was impressive and showed how greatly he has improved.

Bugoy: He also has an extraordinary talent which was evident from the start just like Liezel. His "Cinderella" story would make him a winner.

Laarni: At first I thought it would be great to recruit her as a soprano in a choir. Before the season ended, I thought she has the potential to be the next Lea Salonga who can perform outstandingly in a Broadway play. But that's only as far as her voice is concerned. I've seen more about her, I've seen her determined hope to change for the better, in all aspects.

Now here's to summarize the people's choice for the Top 3 scholars of the season:

Third: Miguel, the improved musician

Second: Bugoy the talented, whose "Cinderella" story proved appealing to Filipinos.

Grand Star Dreamer: Laarni, not only because of her voice but because of the "hope for change" that she symbolized, in my opinion.

So there you go, maybe the winner is who can best relate to the dreams of the majority of the people. For us Filipinos, we subconsciously dream for "change for the better", even in a singing contest.

Seja o primeiro a comentar