By sharing my own dreams and by talking about the dreams of others, this blog hopes to inspire you, the readers, to believe in your dream, big or small, a dream house, car, job, travel, business, charity, product, even the impossible dream.


Follow your dream!


17.7.08

To be an announcer or an emcee

DZMB…on your radio….

Hi! This is Lita on DZMB! I will be with you for the next two hours of your listening to the finest music in town...


That was Lita, my mother. My brother and I would listen to her radio program every morning when we were kids. In the afternoon, she would go home to lie down and rest. I would look at her from head to toe, admiring every inch of her while she was lying down. She was not only my mother. She was a star! Every household listened to her radio program every morning!

That was how “to be an announcer or an emcee” started to be my dream, but it was not a serious one. I just wanted to experience a part of what my mother had experienced as an announcer. When I was already working as an IT professional, I knew that I will never have the opportunity to be a radio announcer. I was thinking that I can be contented to be an emcee instead, because I knew there was more chance for that to be realized.

When I was still with a company’s Corporate Technical Services where IT was one of the departments, the search for a volunteer to be one of the hosts or emcees for the Christmas program was announced. This volunteer will be the partner of a male host who was earlier identified. He had a very good reputation as a host, so a novice in emceeing would be hesitant to volunteer. But that was an opportunity to fulfill my dream, so I grabbed it and volunteered!



The outcome was good enough because the feedback was that I’ve projected a “showbiz” personality. They didn’t know that I emulated a popular host in the Philippines, Gel Santos-Relos, since I can’t remember my mother’s style. Incidentally, Gel resembled my mother when the latter was younger. The old photo is a reproduction of my Mom's photo when she was younger, but it also reminds me of Gel Santos when she was younger.

The photo from Citizen Pinoy shows the hosts which included Gel Santos-Relos, when she already had migrated to U.S.A. as an alien with exceptional skill (something like that). I just learned that Gel Santos-Relos is now hosting “Balitang America” (News from America) in The Filipino Channel. Maybe I should watch her show to rehash my showbiz style of hosting (LOL).

Thanks to my Mom and Gel, I will never forget my experience as an emcee.


3 Comentários:

RhonB895 said...

Nice post there. It's never to late to try it in your lifetime. I'm not really a deejay but since I was assigned to develop this radio station, I sort of learned na lang the ropes of being one.

Who knows, right?

BTW, congrats on doing a good emceeing job there :)

HotMomma said...

Hi! this is an interesting blog, you know.

by the way, Gel Santos-Relos was my teacher in college in UP - fyi lang po. she was good and very personable as well.

May i invite you to view my blogs: HotMomma (http://www.matheubaniaga.com) and Pinoy Around the World (http://modernmariaclara.wordpress.com)

thanks!

footiam said...

Oh1 You lucky!