By sharing my own dreams and by talking about the dreams of others, this blog hopes to inspire you, the readers, to believe in your dream, big or small, a dream house, car, job, travel, business, charity, product, even the impossible dream.


Follow your dream!


10.7.08

Finally, Athens












Our last stop in Greece was Athens. We expected to see the Acropolis as we approached Athens. Knowing it was on the highest hills, I thought I was already seeing it from afar, and I was overwhelmed at its vast area. When we were already there, I realized that the vast area I was seeing from afar was the whole city of Athens, which obviously is a high place and full of buildings, and on one of its highest peaks is the Acropolis. I'm sure glad I’ve gone to this place at a younger age, otherwise I don’t think I will be able to go up through those shiny steps all made of marble stones going to Acropolis. I thought it was only the steps, but when we finally got there, every hard spot was made of marble, or maybe limestone, and we were not yet at the entrance.



So have I now seen the homes of the gods and goddesses? We haven’t gone to Mount Olympus but I’ve considered a childhood dream fulfilled. The gods and goddesses were at the Acropolis Museum anyway, but now made of marble stones and some of them were headless, as a result of the wars.


1 Comentário:

Roy said...

wow!

you're actually there!

great pics! thanks for sharing

it must have been an awesome feeling to be with the home of gods and goddesses