By sharing my own dreams and by talking about the dreams of others, this blog hopes to inspire you, the readers, to believe in your dream, big or small, a dream house, car, job, travel, business, charity, product, even the impossible dream.


Follow your dream!


30.1.09

Some good things never last

Years ago, I almost became a member of the official choir of the company I worked for, which at that time was the biggest corporation in the Philippines. But what the company really wanted was a "dream chorale", so professionals in the music industry were hired. After a few rehearsals, the San Miguel Master Chorale was ready to perform in public. It was indeed a dream chorale and I became one of their followers, trying my best to watch every performance of this chorale.

Until the inevitable had to happen. Streamlining of the workforce had to be implemented and the chorale was not spared. At least everything was done to spare the group because I could still see the members of the chorale in the company premises even after I was retired and our department was dissolved.

It's sad that some good things never last, so while they are still existing, we should take the opportunity to enjoy them. I had the chance to shoot a video of the chorale during one of their informal performances for the employees and what I'm sharing here is one of my favorite Tagalog songs sang by the chorale, "Sana'y Wala Nang Wakas". I don't know how to exactly translate this title to English because the subjects or pronouns are implied, so it can mean to say "I hope this will never end". But some good things never last, and have to end.

However, the dream can go on, and those members of the San Miguel Chorale will someday be part of another dream chorale.


Seja o primeiro a comentar