By sharing my own dreams and by talking about the dreams of others, this blog hopes to inspire you, the readers, to believe in your dream, big or small, a dream house, car, job, travel, business, charity, product, even the impossible dream.


Follow your dream!


21.3.14

Braces for Lyca - Part 1

Parents always have big dreams for their children.  When a child has special needs however, those dreams tend to be diminished in number and greatness.  I can be wrong though, because a lot of blind children become accomplished or great persons when they grow up.  I now have different thoughts from the time I started writing this. I am now thinking, why should I think of limited dreams for Lyca? We planned to sell our piano but what if it will help Lyca become a great pianist someday even with a very weak left hand? She might be multi-handicapped due to her cerebral palsy and blindness, but only God knows what is in store for her. 

My main dream for Lyca used to be for her to be seizure-free.  Though we don’t notice her experiencing obvious seizures nowadays, that should still be verified with an EEG she has to undergo soon. I’ve dreamed she would also be able to walk and talk someday, but I knew those were really big dreams so maybe I should tackle the “hows” one at a time.

The rehab doctor confirmed that Lyca will need braces for her legs and another braces for her scoliosis. I will focus my time to accomplishing these two needs this coming month of April. She will also need a wheelchair. By the time I write the Part 2 of this post, Lyca should already be wearing braces. In the meantime, the video here will show Lyca supported by me (in green) throughout their presentation, unlike the other blind kids beside her who could walk on their own.



Another dream that will help support all our dreams for Lyca is for us to finally get the right bedspacers for us to have additional regular income. I'm hoping that can be very soon too.

Seja o primeiro a comentar