By sharing my own dreams and by talking about the dreams of others, this blog hopes to inspire you, the readers, to believe in your dream, big or small, a dream house, car, job, travel, business, charity, product, even the impossible dream.


Follow your dream!


19.6.10

My Prodigy


I think I have a prodigy at home. She may be blind, has a hypertonic right hand and hypotonic left hand as a result of cerebral palsy, but I'm sure she can be a prodigy. Who knows, she might have a dream too, to be a good pianist like her adult sister, Holly.

Lyca will be eight years old this coming July 24. I used to believe I needed a job to be able to support a special needs child like Lyca, but after her caregiver left and I had more time to be with her, I now believe I should always be with her, discover what she can do or what she wants to do, and how she is able to communicate that want. So far, whenever she wants to play the piano, I am able to know that through her gestures and facial expressions.

I still give myself time to research for technologies that might improve her condition and I'm glad to learn that the 660 nanometer photon found on the mattress we have at home can help. I have to research more deeply about the ideal duration for her to be exposed to photon, when to stop, and when to resume exposure. Anyone who knows the answers?

2 Comentários:

Antony said...

I believe in the vastness of human potential and dreams coming true. I love your decision to do everything to unleash her dreams.

panasonic ty la1000 replacement lamp said...

nice posting